Our network

Dozens evacuated due to gas leak in Bethesda | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Dozens evacuated due to gas leak in Bethesda
News


BETHESDA, Md. (WUSA9) -- Dozens of people were evacuated early Sunday after a gas leak in Bethesda, according to Montgomery County fire.

The gas leak happened around 2:35 a.m. in an apartment building and other homes in the 6800 block of Fairfax Street. Fire officials say the leak occurred after a hit and run driver sheared off a commercial gas meter in the alley next to the apartment building and that led to hazardous gas conditions in several structures.

Residents were evacuated to a Safeway located at 5000 Bradley Boulevard. Fire officials said residents started going back into their homes around 5:40 a.m. and no injuries were reported.

Like this story? Like us on Facebook.

RELATED NEWS:

Worker credited with evacuating townhouses before explosion

Explosion causes townhouse fire in Columbia

Gas leak causes 3 Centreville businesses to close


News

Bethesda Deals

Bethesda Businesses