Supermarkets Ready For Super Bowl Rush | News
BETHESDA, Md. (WUSA) -- The Giant supermarket on Westbard avenue in Bethesda is stocked and ready for all those procrastinators waiting till the last minute to get Super Bowl party essentials.
From assorted party platers to cakes decked out in Ravens and 49ers colors management at the supermarket says, "we're ready."
People we spoke with WUSA9 say the popular food items this year are still the classics. Chicken wings, tortilla chips and salsa, veggie plates, burgers, hot dogs, baked goods, and beer continue to top the shopping lists.
Both San Francisco and Baltimore are popular cities for their local brews, so Talbert's Ice and Beverage on River Road so it only fitting to have specials on all their Baltimore and San Francisco beer selections.
Despite a nationwide rumor of a chicken wing shortage in the past weeks, WUSA9 is happy to report all rumors are false.
Upcoming Events near Bethesda
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Take the Plunge: Join Design Army X Karla Colletto for Pool Party, Fashion Show on Friday, Aug. 22
- Kristen Berset takes the "Ice-Bucket Challenge"
- Boffi-Maxalto's Summer Kickoff with Chef Roberto Donna
- Design Army's Pum Lefebure Selected as 1 of 2 US Design Judges at Cannes Lions
- Custom Home on the Market Embraces Convenient and Quaint Neighborhood of Lyon Village