PHOTOS: Pineapple Truck Blocks Portion Of Outer Loop | News
BETHESDA, Md. (WUSA) -- Drivers on the Outer Loop of the Capitol Beltway are likely to encounter a significantly slower commute thanks to an overturned tractor trailer filled with produce.
Maryland State Police say a tractor trailer loaded with boxes of pineapples crashed on the Outer Loop near the I-270 spur early Thursday morning. The driver was not injured.
The wreckage has closed the far right lane and shoulder of the Outer Loop. Drivers can still access I-270.
Police say the pineapples will have to be offloaded from the trailer before the vehicle can be uprighted and removed from the roadway. The cleanup process is expected to last through the morning rush hour.
Maryland State Police believe the speed was a factor in the crash.
Upcoming Events near Bethesda
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- JOIN THE HAY-ADAMS FOR JAN. 27 AUTHOR SERIES WITH RICHARD MOE & LUNCH BY CHEF PETER SCHAFFRATH
- The Williams-Addison House Renovations Unveiled at Opening Event
- American University student missing off Dubai coast
- Boffi-Maxalto create Albero di Natale, Italian for Christmas tree, at this year’s Georgetown Jingle
- Video released of man wanted in DC sex attack