Katie Ledecky Opens Stone Ridge Season With New Records | News
The 15-year-old, then a rising sophomore at Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart, won the gold medal in the 800 meter freestyle with the second-fastest time in history.
On Tuesday, at the Gators' first home meet of the season with Gonzaga, Ledecky once again got the opportunity to celebrate with her piers.
And it was a close meet. The Stone Ridge girls beat St. John's by just eight points.
Ledecky beat her 2011 school record in the 200 IM by about four seconds and inched past her record in the 100 butterfly by 15 one-hundredths of a second.
200 IM Times - 2:09.11 in 2011; 02:05.74 in 2012.
100 Butterfly Times - 57.80 in 2011; 57.65 in 2012.
Upcoming Events near Bethesda
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Custom Home on the Market Embraces Convenient and Quaint Neighborhood of Lyon Village
- JOIN THE HAY-ADAMS FOR JAN. 27 AUTHOR SERIES WITH RICHARD MOE & LUNCH BY CHEF PETER SCHAFFRATH
- The Williams-Addison House Renovations Unveiled at Opening Event
- American University student missing off Dubai coast
- Boffi-Maxalto create Albero di Natale, Italian for Christmas tree, at this year’s Georgetown Jingle