Reporter Making Progress Rebuilding Home | News
BETHESDA, Md. (WUSA) -- The chain saws are buzzing all around my home as neighbors cut back are remove towering tulip poplars that have been falling.
The 80 foot trees are beautiful and gave the neighborhood character, but poplars are weak, fast-growing trees with small root balls. The one that nearly destroyed my home with my wife and kids inside had roots that measured just five or six feet across.
Please watch the above video for Bruce's full update and some advice on how you can protect yourself.
Upcoming Events near Bethesda
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Custom Home on the Market Embraces Convenient and Quaint Neighborhood of Lyon Village
- JOIN THE HAY-ADAMS FOR JAN. 27 AUTHOR SERIES WITH RICHARD MOE & LUNCH BY CHEF PETER SCHAFFRATH
- The Williams-Addison House Renovations Unveiled at Opening Event
- American University student missing off Dubai coast
- Boffi-Maxalto create Albero di Natale, Italian for Christmas tree, at this year’s Georgetown Jingle