Reporter Making Progress Rebuilding Home | News
BETHESDA, Md. (WUSA) -- The chain saws are buzzing all around my home as neighbors cut back are remove towering tulip poplars that have been falling.
The 80 foot trees are beautiful and gave the neighborhood character, but poplars are weak, fast-growing trees with small root balls. The one that nearly destroyed my home with my wife and kids inside had roots that measured just five or six feet across.
Please watch the above video for Bruce's full update and some advice on how you can protect yourself.
Top Bethesda Stories
Upcoming Events near Bethesda
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Independent Collection Maps a New Course for Destination Travel
- Boffi & Maxalto Now Offer a Lifestyle Concept in Georgetown Showroom
- The 2013 DC Design House “Bear” Bones Tour Provided a Glimpse Into the 24 Designers’ Inspirations
- Swank Designs brings locally-made custom panels and pillows to area homes
- Allie Mann of Case Design/Remodeling Creates Seuss-tacular Tree for 2012 Georgetown Jingle