Montrose Christian Wins Opening Round Of ESPNHS Invitational | News
NORTH BETHESDA, Md. (WUSA) -- Thursday afternoon, Montrose Christian defeated Ravenscroft (NC), 64-48, in the opening round of ESPNHS' National High School Invitational at Georgetown Prep.
The Mustangs were powered by a dominant third quarter full of dunks, steals and offensive rebounds. UVA-bound senior Justin Anderson finished with 21 points and four three-pointers made.
"Winning this tournament would mean a lot," said Anderson. "It would be great to bring this whole season together."
A bigger storyline surrounding the Montrose program is where senior power forward Michael Carrera will end up. Carrera is one of the best rebounding prospects in the country and is currently mulling offers from George Mason, George Washington, Gonzaga, Pittsburgh, Richmond and Temple according to the Washington Post.
Back to dc.highschoolsports.net
Upcoming Events near Bethesda
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Take the Plunge: Join Design Army X Karla Colletto for Pool Party, Fashion Show on Friday, Aug. 22
- Kristen Berset takes the "Ice-Bucket Challenge"
- Boffi-Maxalto's Summer Kickoff with Chef Roberto Donna
- Design Army's Pum Lefebure Selected as 1 of 2 US Design Judges at Cannes Lions
- Custom Home on the Market Embraces Convenient and Quaint Neighborhood of Lyon Village